'Tis the season for Seafood Vodka Pasta
- 12 ounces fettuccine pasta or favorite pasta
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 1/2 cups finely chopped onion
- 4 cloves garlic, minced, about 4 teaspoons
- 1/4 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1 28-ounce can crushed tomatoes
- 1/4 cup vodka
- Lump crap meat
- 6 tablespoons heavy whipping cream
- 1 pound peeled, deveined raw shrimp
- 3 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- Freshly ground black pepper
- Put a large pot of salted water (1 Tbsp salt for every 2 quarts of water) on to boil for the pasta.
- Melt butter in a large, thick-bottomed pot on medium-high heat. Add the onion and sauté for 5 to 7 minutes, until lightly browned. Lower the heat to medium, and sauté onions, garlic, & red pepper flakes.
- Add tomatoes, vodka, cream, and zest. Add the crushed tomatoes to the onions. Stir in the vodka & cream. Increase heat to bring to a simmer, then lower the heat to maintain a simmer.
- Start cooking pasta:
- As soon as you start simmering the sauce, add pasta to boiling salted water. Pasta should be done in 10 minutes.
- Add raw shrimp to sauce.
- After the sauce has simmered for 5 minutes, about halfway through the pasta cooking time, taste for salt and add salt to taste (you'll likely need about 1 teaspoon). Add the raw peeled and deveined shrimp to the sauce.
- Cook until the shrimp is just cooked through, about 5 minutes, then remove from heat.
- Add cooked pasta to sauce and shrimp. When the pasta is done, al dente, strain it and add it to the vodka tomato sauce and shrimp.
**Add lump crab or sauteed scallops to the sauce if desired.***